Sunday, February 3, 2008

elijah conversation

so we were at my moms house last night and the kids (elijah and his cousin and ashleigh) were watching backyardigans. anyway, there's a part in the show where the characters were skating on the ice. elijah turns to me and says...
e - "mom are they iceskating?"
me - "yeah they're iceskating."
e -"no, they're iceskating"
me - (getting annoyed) "yeah! they're iceskating"
e - "NO! they're iceskating"
me - (trying to figure out what he wants me to say to that, wait i think i get it...) "Oh, are they YOUskating?"
e - "yeah! they're iceskating"

i guess he meant I-skating, not iceskating. when you say it, it does sound the same.
silly kid's been saying lots of funny things lately. mostly just copying everything i say, i feel like i have an echo. today he told me "are you kidding me?" coming from a 3 year old it's pretty funny. my favorites are "what you talking about mom?" and "Oh my Shrek!" the first thing he told me this morning was "i don't want a haircut" but then he tells me "mom, your hair is so long! we need to cut it." i don't know how to get that kid to let me cut his hair. he wouldn't even do it for hershy kisses! i'm about to give up, i don't want to fight anymore. any ideas?! it's getting pretty bad. well i need to go to bed so i can get up early and run. i've stuck to my running schedule for 2 weeks and i don't want to break it! i can't believe i've done it this long!

so goodnite!

No comments: