Tuesday, December 2, 2008

so thankful.

my friend asked me to write about how to get good pictures of your children...well this is my child. does anyone know how to get good pictures of your children??? (btw alison i've been meaning to respond to your request about writing for your blog and i'll do it sorry i haven't answered your email yet. i've been a little busy, and then i forgot.)

i really want cute family pictures, i'm beginning to think it's not possible.

ashleigh does good (usually)

then there's elijah (notice the cousin laying on the ground refusing to even look at the camera or sit up or be normal)

my brother's family (why can't i have this??)

i get this...

and this. thanks dad. so we are planning some "real" family photos soon i'm scared now. maybe if we're not around a bunch of cousins elijah will be better.






i've been pretty much out of it this last week. i've worked on a project for elijah's school, a really cute christmas present that i can't wait to share, my brother and his girls came into town and we just played with them all thanksgiving. we had so much fun. i have the best family, the best husband the best kids (even when i think if they ask me one more question i may explode). i really do have so much to be thankful for. and i love listening to elijah and ashleigh's prayers because they always remind me of the little things we're thankful for. i love that they always say "thank you for mommy, thank you for daddy, thank you for elijah, and thank you for ashleigh" and then ashleigh just starts saying thank you...everything she can think of. it's really very sweet. and i'm so thankful for everything our family's been blessed with every little thing and every big thing and all my friends and the wonderful people i've been able to meet through taking pictures. i'm really an introvert and going out of my way to talk to people and get to know people is TERRIFYING for me (why i love email!) i'm really feeling much more comfortable being me and i'd like to thank everyone for giving me a chance and making me get out of comfort zone a little.

so happy late thanksgiving!!!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Elijah's so funny.

Katrina Rasband said...

love it!
love it!
i am so thankful for YOU!!!

Sara said...

Michelle, by the time you do have it "this way" you'll be wishing it to be "that way" again 'cause you'll know how quickly the next 5 years will fly by and how sad it will be with no crazy toddlers running around your feet . . . well, I guess that's why we have grandchildren right!? Your kids are cute no matter what. I love Elijah's lack of emotion in the pictures, kinda reminds me of Hyrum.