Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Thompson's ~ "mini shoot"

How to prepare for a "mini shoot"
These shoots are fast and 30 minutes goes by super quick, but We can take some really amazing pictures if you and your family are prepared.

1. Let you're kids know ahead of time what is expected. Bribe them if necessary (McDonalds, DS games, candy, ice cream, etc...)
2. Let them be themselves. I always believe you'll get the best pictures of your kids if your expectations aren't too high. The more you scold and threaten the more pouty kids get. So I like to encourage them to be silly then wait for them to give a natural smile
3. Know what you want. It makes it so much easier for me if you let me know what you want out of the shoot. Like do you want some really good family shots and just a couple of the kids, or do you want more casual pictures and lots of individuals of the kids, etc.
4. Bring your ideas, and your props!!! Please, Please, Please, if you've seen a family picture you love and want to "replicate" (or just out right copy!) let me know! I love copying great pictures!!!





My favorite quote from this session "Don't I have beautiful blue eyes?" Yes, yes you do!!!










No comments: