Thursday, August 28, 2008

so mario left the ironing board out this morning...

you think he was trying to say something?

we've (especially mario) been traveling a lot this last month. so of course we (i) had a lot of laundry to get done and a huge pile of ironing. i hate ironing.

for a few reasons.
1. they're not my shirts.
2. i have to stand. and i iron in my room (no tv)
3. i have to protect the board from roaming kids so the iron doesn't fall on them or me (or the carpet and melt the carpet, that only happened at my moms house once, maybe twice, sorry mom)
4. my theory, if it's wrinkled and you iron it then when you wear it it gets wrinkled again, or if it's wrinkled and you wear it the wrinkles kind of smooth out a little.

so those are the top reasons i hate ironing.
it reminds me of a story my sister told about her friend and her husband.
her husband opened the closet and said how he loved his magic closet that did his laundry and ironed his clothes and hung them up nice. and his wife said how she loved he magic wallet that when she opened it it always had money for her to spend.

well...i think i deserve to spend a little of my magic money now.

3 comments:

kelsey said...

you totally deserve magic money.

Melanie said...

I was able to avoid owning an iron until about six months ago. Still never use it.

Adrienne said...

I am so with you on this one. I hate ironing too! I've pretty much refused to do it my whole marriage, and now JD knows he's got to really bribe me with something good, or just take them to the dry cleaners. By the way, I love your photography. I've got to learn before I have my baby. Any pointers where to get started? Classes, lens, computer, photoshop?