Monday, July 26, 2010

rain, rain...

Yesterday as we were leaving church the kids and I stood just in front of the doors looking outside trying to figure out how we were going to get into our car. It was pouring rain outside. Finally we decided just to run to the car and try to avoid the big puddles.



The kids had a blast running to the car and asked if they could run in the rain more when we got home. I couldn't refuse. One of my favorite memories as a kid is running in the rain during summer showers. The water is always so warm and it feels awesome to not care about getting your hair or face wet. In my family we grew up loving the rain. Maybe because my mom always had a garden so we loved the extra watering, or my dad's a farm boy, my mom always pointed out the fresh smell after a shower. But my favorite thing to go with rain...chocolate chip cookies. It's automatic. When it rains we ALWAYS make chocolate chip cookies. My mom always did, she says her mom always did so now without even thinking when it's cloudy outside I want chocolate chip cookies. hmmmm. we've had lots of treats the last couple of days.












I love this time of year. I'm getting excited for a change but at the same time I don't want summer to end. These next couple of weeks are going to packed with fun things for the kids to do. I'm not even worrying about cleaning my house! lol that's just an excuse not to clean. I miss Elijah so much when he's at school I want to spend as much time as I can with him the next little bit.

1 comment:

M Lisa said...

Now I want to bake chocolate chip cookies after each rain! Think your grandma will mind?!