Thursday, May 3, 2012

Easter!

 Better late than never right? After this post then I think I'm actually caught up (except I still want to take pictures of our new house so I can show before's and afters as I decorate!)

Saturday before Easter we colored eggs! 
food coloring
vinegar
warm water 
& Vegetable oil
that's the recipe for very bright marbled looking eggs. It was lots of fun and really messy. I'm so glad I moved our kitchen table over the vinyl (since it's normally over carpet) I think after about 5 minutes Devyn dumped a whole cup of color right onto the floor. Easy clean up and no stained carpet!

 This was Devyn's first time coloring eggs! She did great and the color came off her hands so she didn't have pink hands for church the next day. 
 Sunday
1. we went to church 
2. I threatened the kids to stay in their church clothes so I could take pictures after church
3. We took a family picture
wait we didn't get a family picture instead I got a huge blowout and a 2 year old with a burnt hand






After church & pictures we headed over to Grandma Cortez's for a little while where the kids got the first of their Easter goodies. 
After Grandma Cortez's we went to Grandma Rasband's where we had a huge egg hunt and the kids got way too much candy! (And I got lots of pictures, but no family picture )
 Elijah is finishing up 2nd grade, loves his new room and having all of his toys out of storage. He spends his time watching Avatar, X-Men, The Fantastic Four, & any other comic book cartoon. He's looking forward to seeing Avengers and loves to build cars and other stuff with his k-nex and legos. He's a pretty smart boy and tells me he loves to take tests. (I think he's a little crazy for liking tests so much) He also loves loves loves PE. He has some pretty creative coaches and they play fun games like crab soccer and a noodle game where they get to "tag" each other with pool noodles and they started learning about hockey. He's looking forward to 3rd grade and writing in cursive.
Ashleigh is also loving having all of her toys out of storage even though she'd spend all day playing play doh or coloring or doing whatever craft I'd let her get into. Even her teacher says she spends all day making things. She's very creative and loves playing momma and baby (or puppy and momma, or other variations) of course Devyn is always the momma! She's also looking forward to kindergarten and can't wait for next school year to start. I feel the same way!!! 
Devyn is our little comedian. She loves knock knock jokes and just being silly. Lately some of her favorite lines are "oops! I sorry mom" after doing something like pouring all the shampoo out of the bottle or coloring on the walls, or cutting holes in her clothes, or smearing paint on her face... I tell Mario that's what she'll say after wrecking the car when she's 16. "Oops! I sorry Dad" Her other famous line is "I just kidding" after throwing herself on the floor crying and kicking and screaming and after I threaten to take something away she suddenly stops crying and says "I just kidding mom". Yup she's a booger. But if you ever need some good entertainment you should come over and have a conversation with her. She's too smart for a 2 1/2 year old and says the funniest things.   


 Easter was a blast! The weather was perfect, the kids got to play outside with their cousins and got lots of candy. I can't believe it's already May and school will be over soon. Grace is getting blessed on Sunday so I should have some new pictures! Then our pool opens the 19th and we will be a swimming, laying out in the sun (running to basketball camps, swim lessons and scout camp) family until school starts again! 






No comments: