Sunday, May 6, 2012

Grace's baby blessing

Today at church Grace was surrounded by amazing strong uncles (Jared, Rob, and Morgan) caring friends (Brother Garrett and Brother Everett) and her Father. It is always such an emotional & special Sunday when one of my babies is given a name and a blessing. 

I truly feel that Grace chose her own name. I had hardly given a girls name a thought. I guess I just figured IF it was a girl we could come up with a name. (I really didn't worry too much about a girls name). But then out came this beautiful, calm girl and Mario right away just started saying different girl names. I was so happy to not be pregnant and to have the labor part over (plus I was really tired after being up for 24+ hours) he probably could've named her anything and I would've been ok with that! But we went through every name in one of those baby name websites and made a list of our favorites (with requirements like it couldn't end in a "ah", "ie" or "n" sound. haha I wanted some variety of names in our family. Mario didn't want it to sound too trendy and preppy (if that's the right way to describe it) we picked out about 10 names and narrowed that list down to 2 (Maya and Grace) Mario called her Gracie and she did one of those asleep half smiles and I knew she was Grace. 
We have been so blessed this last year and I feel so loved and taken care of despite difficult trials our family has and is going through. Grace reminds me everyday of how much Heavenly Father loves me and takes care of me. He sends me blessings that I don't even know I need, want and I'm not expecting (Grace wasn't really "planned", I'm a definite planner, she was a surprise). She is so sweet and calm, Mario even commented on her mild manners in his blessing to her. She is such a calming influence in our family. The older kids adore her and help to protect and take care of her. She has really been a calm to our crazy busy life and came at such a busy time (moving and baptisms and birthdays galore) but she just took her place and acts like she's always been around. 
I love you baby girl!!  

1 comment:

Melanie said...

She looks so beautiful! Loving all your posts. And please do post pics of your new house. I want to see what you do with it. You might inspire me to finally do something with mine!