Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Elijah turns 8 & we added a 4th child (almost 2 months ago!)

So much has happened in the last 2 months. let's see if I can remember...
March 9 - Elijah turned 8
March 9-March 15 (waited for a baby to be born!)
March 16 - Grace Erin finally arrived, 4 days late
March 23 - Closed on house - moved couches in
March 24 - Baptism and birthday party, better late then never!
March 27 - Appliances arrive
March 28 - set up beds and officially moved in!!
 (There were also like 5 other birthday parties and moving in on its own took up the majority of March - talk about March madness, I think I've been recovering and adapting to our new life for the last month!)

 So glad things are finally settling down, so I can catch up Elijah is an amazing boy. His baptism was unforgettable (which is a good thing because I didn't get any pictures! come on I had just given birth a week before. I need a photographer to follow me around and take those important pictures for me, wait...what's that you say? I am a photographer? oh yeah, right. well... Maybe we can recreate it?) I did actually take these pictures the Sunday after his birthday! Not only is this boy smart and funny, but I think he's pretty stinking cute too (He's also just stinky!)
  
Then this little angel joined our family.
Grace - (aka "Gracie" "Gracie poo" "Graciela" or sometimes Devyn or Ashleigh)Erin Cortez
7lbs 9oz
19 1/4 inches
March 16, 2012
 we are all so happy to have her here. She is so sweet. I'm loving getting to know her and cuddle her.
I'm trying to relish every day and moment because they're gone so fast. So if it seems I'm a little distracted and absent it's because I am. I've decided my kids deserve more time with me, and I'm cutting back my time with the computer. It's been the best almost 2 months. I'm less distracted and grouchy and the kids are acting up less and we are having way more fun. My kids and my husband are the most important thing to me and I've realized that soon they won't want me to read books to them or they won't cuddle on the couch or let me paint their toes or tell me long boring stories... So I need this time with them as much as they need this time with me. I'm still taking pictures, just not as often. If you want to schedule a photo shoot send me an email and we can try to work it out, but for now mini shoots are still postponed I'm planning to set some up in the fall!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I love this! I'm so with you. I've been cutting back on the computer time too and it's been the best thing. I suddenly have all this time to do more important things.