Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Our new home!

One of the things I enjoy doing the most lately is looking at home decorating blogs. Not like fancy expensive interior designer blogs, but "stay at home mom, do-it-yourselfer" blogs. I'm so hooked! I can't wait to get into my plain, white boring house and start adding my style to it. I've spent so long (1.5 years) living in a home that I felt like wasn't mine anymore. For more than a year when we had the house on the market and I either didn't want to change anything or felt like I couldn't "live" in my space anymore, and then the last 3 months we've been living with 98% of our stuff in storage. I'm missing my stuff!

But I love these blogs. and I love that these ladies let you into their homes and show you their rooms and how they live. So as I work on my new home I want to show what my plans are and the progress I make. So here's a start....

from the ground up!

I got caught sneaking a peek at the neighbors backyard

our view over Albuquerque (you need to come over and see it from the upstairs! I can't believe we have a view, hopefully no one builds anymore houses to ruin it!)



check out the baby bump. it's not so cute anymore. Oh to go back to the days when I could sit, or stand, or sleep or...




This was taken a couple of weeks ago. Since this picture we have stucco and dry wall. I need to go by and take some new pictures!

my favorite blogs lately
www.dearestsomeday.com
2littlehooligans.blogspot.com
www.danamadeit.com
www.makeit-loveit.com
www.theidearoom.net
iheartorganizing.blogspot.com
www.thehouseofsmiths.com
www.sadalewis.com
and of course pinterest!!!! hahaha

You'd think I'd be hooked on baby stuff right now, but that's so old and boring! I can't wait to start making things and decorating and ORGANIZING! (or just unpacking finally after 1 1/2 years)

1 comment:

Jamie Lamb said...

Yay! How fun to get a new house! I've been hunting through home decor blogs a lot lately, too...since we're moving this summer!

Good luck with the new baby (you're due soon, right?), I hope you get some sleep!